THE FOURTH ROUND OF THE COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED. THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO PARTICIPATED.
HOW IT WORKS
- Innovators submit a great idea that will change the future of marketing research and consumer insights.
- The market research industry votes on the ideas that have merit.
- Five finalists (and possibly a couple of wildcard entrants selected by the judging committee) are selected to pitch their ideas to a panel of judges at the Insight Innovation eXchange Europe 2014.
- The winner gets mentoring, fame, and funding.
- The industry benefits from a great new solution that improves how companies understand consumers.
- Exposure to a large international audience of potential prospects, funding partners and investors, including the European Commission CORDIS (available fund of $75B), Lowe’s Innovation Lab, and independent venture capitalists and angel investors
- A free consultation provided by GV Ventures Consulting to help the winner develop a growth and expansion strategy, as well as take the first steps toward seeking EC Horizon 2020 funding
- A “Hot Desk 60”membership for one year at the Center for Social Innovation’s newest facility in the iconic Starrett-Lehigh building in Manhattan, which includes 60 hours of coworking space and 3 hours of meeting room access per month
- An invitation to present at the next Insight Innovation eXchange
- An interview to be posted on the GreenBook Blog, viewed by 36,000+ industry professionals per month
- An opportunity to work with successful senior leaders within the market research space
- The Insight Innovation Competition is collaborating with the Lowe’s Innovation Lab to help competition entrants gain awareness within a broad consortium of global brands.
- Originality of concept
- Presentation quality
- Market potential
- Ease of Implementation
3 RULES FOR SUBMISSIONS
- The company presenting the idea must be in business and the concept must be within the public domain already. You must be able to share your idea publicly. We’re not responsible for IP protection.
- Your company must be majority privately held. Angel seed funding is OK, but if you’ve taken outside investment money and do not have a majority stake left, this isn’t for you.
- Your company can reside anywhere in the world, but it’s your responsibility to ensure that the legal and tax requirements of your home country are met.
- It’s also your responsibility to get to the Insights Innovation Exchange event. A virtual presentation may be allowed under special circumstances, but it is less than ideal.
OUR JUDGESSnorri H. Gudmundsson Independent Expert/Evaluator in the Seventh Research Framework Programme (FP7), European Commission Snorri H. Gudmundsson is a business matchmaker. In his capacity as Marketing Director for the Icelandic Development Agency, he aims to bridge the gap between EC funding and US VCs by connecting EU and US ICTs in a way that will increase their intrinsic value. He also serves as EC expert evaluator for proposals aimed at securing Europe’s global competitiveness by bringing research closer to the market. He is also CEO of IceStat, which provided the Icelandic government with vital data on banking activities leading to the economic collapse October 2008, and is currently looking for ways to unfreeze capital trapped in banks. He likes to network and seeks to merge solutions to deliver robust and scalable platforms that improve the lives of millions of people. Scott Miller Group CEO, Vision Critical Scott Miller is Group CEO of Vision Critical and leads the company in its global growth in close cooperation with a network of preferred research and enterprise partners. Scott joined Vision Critical after 12 years at Synovate. Most recently, Scott had been the CEO of Synovate North America, where he led the business to industry-leading growth by re-aligning all 1,000 employees on client sales and delivery. Scott also led the rebuilding of Synovate’s advanced analytics business: MMA. For the 12 years before Motoresearch was acquired by Aegis / Synovate, he was a partner at Motoresearch, where he led Motoresearch’s international development, including the creation of a substantial presence in Latin America.
Reineke Reitsma Research Director, Forrester Research
Thomas Edwards Global Head of Mobile Solutions, Ipsos
Kyle Nel Director of Lowe's Innovation Labs, Lowe's Home Improvement